Why should white cedar be your natural choice over pine?
- Pine has 2.5 times more water. The excessive moisture in pine can lead to a host of problems.
- Compared to the averages of common pine, Northern White Cedar has a 26% higher R-value and 37% higher Thermal Mass Factor making them more energy efficient.
- Natural resistance against rot and decay. Cedar is eight times more rot resistant than pine when in contact with the ground.
- Minimal cracking and checking.
- Less setting and shrinkage than pine.
- Closed cell structure keeps mold from penetrating wood.
- Repellant to insects as a cedar closet. Depend on cedar's natural oils to send bugs to dinner elsewhere. From core to surface, cedar is clearly protected by nature.
- The Natural Choice. Highest R-value, lowest moisture content plus natural resistance to bugs and rot means years of hassle free enjoyment for you and your family.